Air and Hydraulic Hoses and Fittings – Minneapolis, MN
When a hose needs to connect from point “A” to point “B”, we have what you need to make the connection. The hose may convey air, hydraulic fluid, or maybe even something else. Compressed gases and fluids are used as agents of direct force transfer in ways that chains and gears cannot be used.
These unique characteristics of pneumatic and hydraulic lines and hoses, and the hydraulic fittings plus connectors and couplings that join them together or to a piece of equipment have some unique issues of maintenance as well.
Types of pneumatic and hydraulic hoses and fittings we carry
We carry lines and hoses for almost every industry application up to 1 inch in diameter. Shop air lines and plastic pneumatic tubing are on hand. We deal with 120 psi and 175 psi pressure levels with lines good to 300 psi and surges up to 1000 psi.
In the area of hydraulic hoses and hydraulic hose fittings, we have many sizes and can quickly custom make your hose assembly to the length you need and with the proper fittings. Our steel-braided hoses meet standard ISO and industry requirements for their application.
We carry hoses and Couplamatic fittings and connectors, including flat-faced fittings. If you have a Parker-Hannifin, Goodyear, Aeroquip, or Eaton Weatherhead line or fitting, we can help you get the hose assembly configuration you need for your application.
Custom assemblies while you wait
A fast turn-around is our specialty. Often, we can make up the new or repair hose and connector assembly configuration you need while you wait. Most we can make within 15 minutes.
We carry hard-to-find ends, like British, German and Japanese varieties.
Hydraulic hose and pneumatic line applications we see most often
Here is a small sample of the applications for which we supply hydraulic and pneumatic hose, fittings and other components.
- Toro (FFoR) and CAT (FL series) flat face fittings with O-ring boss
- Hydraulic hoses for truck companies (not DOT Approved lines-power steering and brake system)
- Snowplow hydraulic lines and couplings often used by municipalities
- Connector and fitting campers for second shift, third shift or for customers wanting to do their own
- Air line for food processing
- Air drop lines for shop air
- Industrial air systems line
Top tips to watch out for with hydraulics
Quality products in hydraulic hose and pneumatic lines is not the only thing require to keep a system running well. Installation and environmental factors contribute to the long-term reliability of hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
Following is a list of the top reasons hydraulic, hoses, lines, fittings and connectors require replacement and regular maintenance.
- Routing and abrasion; Bend radius: Anything that rubs against a hose or tubing will wear and weaken the line. Stay away from routing around sharp corners and causing too many, or sharp bends in hydraulic or pneumatic lines.
- Fittings selection: Choose the right fitting for the job. Pressure, frequency of service and environmental or corrosive agents must be taken into account.
- Operating pressure and Pressure surges: Understand the pressure cycles in your entire system. Select for peak and high demand, rather than averages situations.
- Operating temperatures: At higher temperatures, or with temperature cycle extremes, hose and line materials can experience accelerated degradation.
- Ambient temperatures: External temperatures and temperature cycling can cause stress on the materials used in hydraulic and pneumatic hoses.
- Chemical resistance: Rubber and other elastomeric materials used in the construction of hydraulic and pneumatic lines (e.g.- O-ring seals, lining, casing, sheaving, woven fiber reinforcement) come under attack from leaching solvents, caustics and other fluid or gas media inside and outside the lines.
- Vacuum service: We often talk about positive pressure, but negative pressure – or vacuum – is also a common cause of pneumatic line failures, especially when a hose or line has been selected that is not rated to carry a vacuum.
At Cutter-Sales, we can help identify the right type of fitting, connector, hose or line for your hydraulic or pneumatic application.